Friday, January 9, 2009

Is it possible....

to be too skinny for your fat friends and too fat for your skinny friends? The answer to that question is ABSOLUTELY!! It is so interesting to see how your friends deal with your weight loss! I have seen others struggling with weight issues get upset because someone in the same struggle is losing more rapidly. I have also sadly seen weight loss ruin "friendships". The fat girl in the group holds that position for life no matter her size. It makes the other group members feel better about themselves and they certainly could not take it if they themselves become the fat girl! It is much more comfortable with the status quo! Fat girls should stay in their place!! NOT!!!! It is difficult to find these odd challenges as you lose weight and get a handle on your health. Of course this is not the rule. I have found tremendous support among the majority of my friends. It was surprising to see this too fat/too skinny phenomenon. It happens and I argue that these people are not really your friends. You are merely a placeholder in their group. A placeholder were no one wants your spot.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Amen, my friend.

DocSly said...

Oh my, you are so right! I had a very slender friend say to me that she was going to have to lose or I might weigh what she does. You will beat that onederland step. It will come. Great blog!

suede said...

I'm curious to see how it'll turn out. None of my 'frienemies' know I've been banded, but I can see they're a little weirded out by my weight loss so far. When they start inviting me to beautiful people activities, I'll dump their asses and create my own group of REAL friends who appreciate me a bit more. :-D HAHA