Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sleeping in hospital chairs and other motherly duties...

We didn't sleep very well last night. My daughter had a lot of shoulder and rib cage pain from surgery. She was out of bed each hour. The hospital staff has been wonderful for the most part. One nurse did tell her that she should not cry as it is "only gas pain." Incredible! Of course this nurse has never had laproscopic surgery! The gas pain was the worst for me when I was in recovery for the two laproscopic surgeries I have had. Anyway, some people is all I can say about her!
I have been on overdrive mom duty! I really enjoy helping my daughter but also encouraging her to get out of bed and walk! She is doing really well so far and has made 8 trips down the long hospital hallway. Last night she was having issues with a shy bladder. I turned on the faucet so she could hear the water running and also put warm water in her basis so she could put her hand into it. It finally worked! The nurse was thinking that they may need to put in a foley catheter. My daughter really didn't want to have that placed! She is so modest the mere thought of someone inserting something near her "hoo ha" was enough to scare the pee out of her!! hahahahahaha
She is really going to bounce back quickly! Oh the added benefits of being 18 years old! lol
I am looking forward to getting home and brushing my teeth!! Yuck!!

No comments: